How people conduct themselves on the telephone speaks volumes about an organisation’s professionalism. On this one-day workshop, you will explore the key techniques necessary to develop a winning telephone manor; you will learn how to effectively structure your customer interactions and you will develop the skills necessary to lead conversations with confidence.
People of all experience levels and seniority using the telephone to talk with external customers (clients / suppliers) and internal customers (colleagues / contractors).
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Understand how your impact is created.
- Be conscious of impact and develop the ability to evaluate current strengths and areas of improvement.
- How to ensure that both human and business needs are met.
- Understand the conversation cycle and understand each element and consciously us them with confidence and professionalism.
- Catching ‘bullets’ and calming a situation.
- The impact of what happens if we take complaints personally.
- To recognise all the elements that make up an effective communication.
- Enable you to use the 8 Elements Model to measure your strengths and areas for development.
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course.
- Course Introductions
- What is your impact?
Human vs Business model
- Victim V Responsible
- Listen, Acknowledge, Inform & Invite (question)
- Dealing with difficult calls
- Take responsibility (not taking it personally)
- The 8 elements of effective communication