Part of the Leadership Development series
This course is designed for leaders who are wanting to develop the skills of others through effective coaching. You will explore the coaching cycle, develop key coaching techniques, learn how to identify specific coaching opportunities and hone your skills to coach for success.
This course is designed for leaders, managers, HR professionals and individuals seeking to develop the tools and confidence to coach others as part of their working role.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Define coaching and describe the coaching cycle.
- Identify what helps and what hinders the coaching process.
- Use the skills of effective coaching – questioning, listening, observing and feedback.
- Recognise your own skills as a coach and define areas for future development.
- Enhance your skills as a coach including the use of feedback to help individuals develop.
- Identify coaching opportunities to develop staff.
- Bring on the development of your team by effective coaching.
- Feel confident running one-to-one coaching sessions in the work environment.
- Develop a Coaching Action Plan for use in the workplace.
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course.
- What is coaching?
- Coaching Style
- What helps and what hinders the coaching process
- Effective coaching skills
- Reviewing personal coaching skills
- Identifying where coaching can be used
- Implementing coaching to your team
- Confidence in Coaching
- Develop an Action Plan