Part of the Leadership Development series
Effective facilitation is key in helping others maximise their contribution in team or group situations and is a key leadership skill. This one-day workshop will consider how groups work, different types of groups, how to draw out ideas and insights from the group, observing and analysing behaviours, and managing difficult groups. You will learn how to stimulate group dynamics to deliver highly effective results.
This course is suitable for managers and professionals from all sectors who facilitate groups or teams and who are looking to develop their skills and techniques in this area.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Be able to define what facilitate and facilitation mean.
- Identify the role, responsibilities, skills and qualities of an effective facilitator.
- Plan a facilitation session.
- Select appropriate facilitation methods and tools.
- Understand the importance of control and command and when to intervene and when not to.
- Develop interpersonal skills to maximise effect.
- Create a toolbox of techniques.
- Recognise and deal with conflict and differences within a group.
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course.
- Definitions of facilitate and facilitation
- What makes an effective facilitator
- Plan a facilitation session
- Methods and tools
- Control and command
- Developing the most effective interpersonal skills
- Create a toolbox of techniques
- Conflict and differences