Course Code: BSRS Duration: 1 Day Price: £295+VAT
This course will provide you with the information on how to recruit the right person for the job using a systematic and objective approach.
This course is appropriate for anyone who has responsibility for recruiting staff or anyone who is likely to move into this role in the future.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe your role in the recruitment process.
- Describe some of the legal requirements affecting the selection process.
- Prepare systematically for an interview.
- Conduct a structured interview using effective questioning techniques.
- Write interview notes, reflecting the evidence you have gathered.
You will get the most out of this course if you currently have responsibility for recruiting staff or are moving into this role in the near future.
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- What is the purpose of the recruitment and selection process?
- How you can 'get it wrong'
- The implications of 'getting it wrong'
- Skills of an effective interviewer
- The job and person specifications
- The job advert
- Preparing for the interview
- Conducting the interview
- Behavioural questions
- Interviewing Skills:
- Questioning and listening
- Rapport building