This course is intended for business users and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields that wish to produce visually compelling and informative dashboards of their business's performance data.
This is an introductory course on this topic and is designed for users who work predominantly with business data and want to go beyond the capabilities of Excel.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Understand Power BI concepts and main features.
- Use data sources that are compatible with Power BI Desktop.
- Connect to data.
- Explore data visualisations.
- Apply common query tasks to shape data in Power BI Desktop.
- Create and publish reports.
Prior knowledge of basic Excel functionalities would be beneficial.
Lesson 1 - Getting Started with Power BI
- Concepts and Overview
- Introduction to Main Features
- Filters and Queries
Lesson 2 - Connect to Data Source
Lesson 3 - Working with Relationship View
- Create using AutoDetect
- Create Relationships Manually
- Cross Filter
- Join Types
Lesson 4 - Visualisations
- What's Available
- Create a quick Visualisation
- Table and Matrix Visualisation
- Conditional Formatting
- Create a Chart Visualisation
- Create a KPI Visualisation
- Drill Visualisation
- Geo-data, Categorisation and Maps
- Creating Role Based Views
Lesson 5 - Querying & Shaping Data
- Add Calculations
Lesson 6 - Reports and Outputs