Microsoft Teams is a dedicated hub that brings together the people, conversations, content and tools your team needs to collaborate and achieve more. Microsoft Teams allows you to readily communicate and make quick decisions in real time.
With Teams, you can initiate a private or group chat, share files and co-author content. You can also host on-line meetings with people inside or outside your organisation and you can make and transfer calls. All this communication can be done across devices, in the office or on the go!
This course is an introduction to Teams and is designed to assist existing Office 365 users who are looking to gain an understanding of the functionality available in Teams within Microsoft 365.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Understand and create your first Teams and Channels.
- Change settings within a Team.
- Use Chat in Microsoft Teams.
- Search for Messages, People or Files.
- Add an App to Teams.
- Schedule a meeting and call into a meeting.
- Explore permissions and privacy options.
- Take meeting notes in Teams.
- Use additional functions in a Team Meeting.
It is assumed that delegates are already familiar with the main features of Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 and they are comfortable working in that environment. They should have previously attended the Microsoft 365 Introduction to Web Apps course or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
Getting Started with Teams
- Sign in to Teams.
- Pick a Team and channel.
- Find and join a Team.
- Add a member.
Best Practices for Organising Teams in Microsoft Teams
Create your first Teams and Channels
- Create a Team from scratch.
- Create a Team from an existing Team.
- Create a Team from an existing Group.
- Add people to a Team.
- Add a Team Owner.
- Change Team settings.
- Change Team picture.
- Re-order the Teams List
- Hide Teams.
- Use @mentions.
What is a Channel in Microsoft Teams?
- Channel best practices.
- Create a Channel in a Team.
- View Channel activity in Teams.
- Use commands in Teams.
Chat in Microsoft Teams
- Start a one-on-one Chat.
- Start a group Chat.
- Remove people from a group Chat.
- Start a Channel conversation in Teams.
Search for Messages, People or Files
Add an App to Teams
Meeting and Calls
- Schedule a meeting in Teams.
- Invite people to a meeting in Teams.
- See all your meetings in Teams.
- Join a meeting in Teams.
- Participate in a meeting from the Teams mobile app.
- Call into a meeting in Teams.
- Record a meeting in Teams.
- Record a meeting or a group call.
- Play and share a meeting recording in Teams.
- Share a link to a meeting recording with others.
Permissions and Privacy in Microsoft Stream
- Video permissions.
- Group permissions.
- Channel permissions.
- Edit the transcript of a meeting recording in Teams.
Taking Meeting Notes in Teams
- Before the meeting.
- During the meeting.
- After the meeting.
Additional Functions in a Teams Meeting
- Audio settings.
- Participant settings.
- Bypass the lobby.
- Use Microsoft Whiteboard.
Appendix A - Participate in a Teams Meeting on Surface Hub