By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Describe Cisco ISE deployments, including core deployment components and how they interact to create a cohesive security architecture. Describe the advantages of such a deployment and how each Cisco ISE capability contributes to these advantages.
- Describe concepts and configure components related to 802.1X and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB) authentication, identity management, and certificate services.
- Describe how Cisco ISE policy sets are used to implement authentication and authorization, and how to leverage this capability to meet the needs of your organization.
- Describe third-party network access devices (NADs), Cisco TrustSec®, and Easy Connect.
- Describe and configure web authentication, processes, operation, and guest services, including guest access components and various guest access scenarios.
- Describe and configure Cisco ISE profiling services and understand how to monitor these services to enhance your situational awareness about network-connected endpoints. Describe best practices for deploying this profiler service in your specific environment.
- Describe BYOD challenges, solutions, processes, and portals. Configure a BYOD solution and describe the relationship between BYOD processes and their related configuration components. Describe and configure various certificates related to a BYOD solution.
- Describe the value of the My Devices portal and how to configure this portal.
- Describe endpoint compliance, compliance components, posture agents, posture deployment and licensing, and the posture service in Cisco ISE.
- Describe and configure TACACS+ device administration using Cisco ISE, including command sets, profiles, and policy sets. Understand the role of TACACS+ within the authentication, authentication, and accounting (AAA) framework and the differences between the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols.
- Migrate TACACS+ functionality from Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) to Cisco ISE, using a migration tool.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Foundational level understanding of Security Concepts
- Understand the concepts of 802.1X.
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Active Directory.
Introducing Cisco ISE Architecture and Deployment
- Using Cisco ISE as a Network Access Policy Engine
- Cisco ISE Use Cases
- Describing Cisco ISE Functions
- Cisco ISE Deployment Models
- Context Visibility
Cisco ISE Policy Enforcement
- Using 802.1X for Wired and Wireless Access
- Using MAC Authentication Bypass for Wired and Wireless Access
- Introducing Identity Management
- Configuring Certificate Services
- Introducing Cisco ISE Policy
- Implementing Third-Party Network Access Device Support
- Introducing Cisco TrustSec
- TrustSec Configuration
- Easy Connect
Web Authentication and Guest Services
- Introducing Web Access with Cisco ISE
- Introducing Guest Access Components
- Configuring Guest Access Services
- Configure Sponsor and Guest Portals
Cisco ISE Profiler
- Introducing Cisco ISE Profiler
- Profiling Deployment and Best Practices
Cisco ISE BYOD
- Introducing the Cisco ISE BYOD Process
- Describing BYOD Flow
- Configuring the My Devices Portal
- Configuring Certificates in BYOD Scenarios
Cisco ISE Endpoint Compliance Services
- Introducing Endpoint Compliance Services
- Configuring Client Posture Services and Provisioning
Working with Network Access Devices
- Cisco ISE TACACS+ Device Administration
- Configure TACACS+ Device Administration Guidelines and Best Practices
- Migrating from Cisco ACS to Cisco ISE
- Lab 1: Access the SISE Lab and Install ISE 2.4
- Lab 2: Configure Initial Cisco ISE Setup, Gui Familiarization and System Certificate Usage
- Lab 3: Integrate Cisco ISE with Active Directory
- Lab 4: Configure Cisco ISE Policy
- Lab 5: Configure Access Policy for Easy Connect
- Lab 6: Configure Guest Access
- Lab 7: Configure Guest Access Operations
- Lab 8: Create Guest Reports
- Lab 9: Configure Profiling
- Lab 10: Customize the Cisco ISE Profiling Configuration
- Lab 11: Create Cisco ISE Profiling Reports
- Lab 12: Configure BYOD
- Lab 13: Blacklisting a Device
- Lab 14: Configure Cisco ISE Compliance Services
- Lab 15: Configure Client Provisioning
- Lab 16: Configure Posture Policies
- Lab 17: Test and Monitor Compliance Based Access
- Lab 18: Test Compliance Policy
- Lab 19: Configure Cisco ISE for Basic Device Administration
- Lab 20: Configure TACACS+ Command Authorization
This course is recommended as preparation for the following exam:
- 300-715 - Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine
Passing this exam will provide you with the Cisco Certified Specialist - Security Identity Management certification and satisfy the concentration requirement for the CCNP Security certification.
This training course provided by Skilltec is accredited through Global Knowledge Training Ltd. Global Knowledge Training Ltd are the authorised learning partner; all trademarks and partner statuses are provided through them.