This advanced 5-day training course teaches the design principles for creating a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops virtualization solution. In this training, you will learn how to assess existing environments, explore different scenarios and make design decisions based on business requirements.
This course covers the Citrix Consulting approach to design and covers the key design decisions through lectures, lab exercises, and interactive discussions. Additional considerations and advanced configurations for multi-location solutions and disaster recovery planning are also incorporated into this class.
IT Professionals with significant experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as supporting infrastructure. If you are responsible for the environment design and overall health or are guiding others through the process (as a consultant), you should consider taking this training.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Identify risks and areas for improvement in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment by assessing relevant information in an existing deployment.
- Determine core Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops design decisions and align them to business requirements to achieve a practical solution.
- Design a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops disaster recovery plan and understand different disaster recovery considerations
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
Methodology & Assessment
- Business Drivers
- User Segmentation
- Application Assessment
- Capabilities Assessment
- Endpoints & Peripherals
- Citrix Workspace App
- Network Connectivity
- Access Matrix*
- Access Layer Architecture Design Considerations
- StoreFront Store Design
- Scalability and Redundancy
Resource Layer - Images
- FlexCast Model Assignment*
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Scalability
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Security
- Provisioning Strategy / Image Management
Resource Layer - Applications and Personalization
- Application Delivery
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Design
- Machine Catalogs & Delivery Groups*
- Site Management Considerations
- Control Layer Scalability & High Availability
- Control Layer Security
- Assessment Considerations for Hardware & Hypervisor Selection
- Cluster / Resource Pool Design
- Hardware / Compute Layer Sizing
- Datacenter Networking
Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Multiple Location Considerations - Introduction
- Multiple Location Considerations - Access
- Multiple Location Considerations - Image Management
- Multiple Location Considerations - Profiles & Data
- Multiple Location Considerations - Printing
- Multiple Location Considerations - Control Layer
- Disaster Recovery - Levels
- Disaster Recovery - Strategy
- Disaster Recovery – Process
*Optional content based on instructor criteria
This training course provided by Skilltec is accredited through Global Knowledge Training Ltd. Global Knowledge Training Ltd are the authorised learning partner; all trademarks and partner statuses are provided through them.