This a highly practical course is designed to take an organization working in an ITIL environment through the steps to adopting DevOps and choice of a first value stream to work with.
App Dev teams, Service Management teams, IT leadership, IT project managers plus potentially Business Analysts, Testers, Security.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Understand the key components of a successful DevOps business case
- Choose the first value stream to be worked on
- Perform a DevOps Readiness Assessment
- Understanding how Agile Users Stories and ITIL Change Management theory are compatible.
- Be able to put together the right skillset for successful adoption
- Adapt an ITIL Release policy for a DevOps / automated environment
ITIL Foundation and a basic appreciation of DevOps are advantageous.
- Definitions & Perceptions: Giving us a common lexicon for the course and exploring current perceptions of DevOps and ITIL.
- Case Study – Introduction to Global Appliance Supply Company – Includes a SWOT analysis focused on DevOps adoption.
- Business Case and Value Stream – The business case for DevOps incorporating the measures by which success will be judged. Choosing the first value stream to be worked on.
- Stakeholder Management – identifying the key stakeholders in adopting DevOps and levels of commitment needed.
- DevOps Readiness Assessment – a lower level look at the individual requirements for the successful adoption.
- Time to Value – Understanding how Agile Users Stories and ITIL Change Management theory are compatible.
- DevOps Team Structure – putting together the right people from a diverse group of candidates.
- Release and Change – adaption of a standard ITIL Release policy for a DevOps / automated environment.
- Tooling – exploring the concept of a tool chain and choosing the correct set for our scenario.
- Further integration – Following the success of our first value stream how can we apply DevOps concepts elsewhere in the lifecycle?
- Adaption for Future Value Streams – taking the rejected value streams from exercise 3 and thinking about how we could make them work.
This training course provided by Skilltec is accredited through Global Knowledge Training Ltd. Global Knowledge Training Ltd are the authorised learning partner; all trademarks and partner statuses are provided through them.