Course Code: MSASS Duration: 1 Day Price: £295+VAT
During this course you will understand the differences between different behaviours. You will use a range of assertive techniques to deal with difficult and challenging situations.
This course is appropriate for anyone who believes they could be more effective when dealing with difficult people and difficult situations.
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Differentiate between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours.
- Manage passive and aggression in an assertive manner.
- Modify and strengthen your behaviours whilst remaining assertive.
- Understand how conflict can arise and modify your behaviour accordingly.
- Say ‘No’ with greater confidence.
To get the most from this program it would be useful to think beforehand of those situations where you believe you could be more assertive. This course will involve an element of role play.
The following topics will be covered in this course:
- What is Assertiveness
- Assertive v non-assertive behaviours
- Understanding appropriate body language and tone of voice
- Assertiveness techniques: DESC; Stages of Assertion; Saying No
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Practice Sessions