This five-day accredited course provides participants with a thorough grounding in the DSDM Agile Project Management framework. It is comprised of a Foundation-level introduction to the framework, and an in-depth Practitioner-level examination of how a project manager applies the framework.
The Practitioner course is intended for anyone who expects to have a management or leadership role in an Agile project and is specifically built to support anyone who needs to apply the DSDM Project Management framework in a business environment.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Set up an Agile project
- Identify appropriate people for Agile roles
- Define Increments and Timeboxes to keep a project on track
- Manage a Solution Development Team
- Communicate with business stakeholders in a project environment
- Use Agile techniques, including prioritisation of requirements, to ensure on-time project delivery,
- Present the benefits of Agile approaches to senior management
- Identify risks to delivery of projects managed using the DSDM Agile approach
Delegates are expected to have experience of team leading, project management, or project assurance/support.
- What is Agile? And why use DSDM?
- Philosophy, Principles, and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- The DSDM Process
- The People - DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control Throughout the Lifecycle
- Other Practices - Iterative Development, Facilitated Workshops, Modelling and Prototyping
- Roles and Responsibilities - the project manager's view
- Agile Project Management through the Lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on Time - Combining MoSCoW and Timeboxing
- People, Teams, and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating - How and When
- Project Planning throughout the Lifecycle
- Quality - Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the Approach
All delegates will sit the APMG Agile Foundation examination (a multiple choice paper) in the late afternoon of the second day of the course. Successful candidates will then be eligible to sit the Practitioner exam in the afternoon of the fifth day. Photo ID is required to take these exams.
The Foundation examination is taken at 15:00 during the afternoon on Day 2 and candidates may take 40 minutes to complete it
The Practitioner examination takes place at 13:00 on the afternoon of Day 5 and will last for up to 2.5 hours
Exam Format: Foundation
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
Exam Format: Practitioner
- Objective examination. 4 questions (20 points per question).
- 40/80 points required to pass the exam (50%).
- Duration 2.5 hours.
- Open book (only the official AgilePM manual is allowed).
The PRINCE2 Agile® courses are offered by ATO Global Knowledge Training Ltd. PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.