The ITIL®V4 Managing Professional Transition course is designed to allow ITIL® Experts or ITIL®V3 candidates to easily transition across to ITIL®V4. They can gain the designation of ITIL®V4 Managing Professional via one course and one exam (normally 5 courses and exams).
The ITIL® v4 Managing Professional Transition course allows ITIL®V3 candidates to transition to ITIL®V4 while still acquiring the skills and knowledge needed to understand the core concepts of the updated guidance.
This Transition course recognises the candidates existing achievements and allows them to gain the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy. All individuals attending this course should have one of the pre-requisites listed.
Pre-Requisites & Exam Details
The pre-requisites for this course are:
- ITIL®V3 candidates who must have gained a minimum of 17 credits from the ITIL®V3 Foundation and Intermediate /Practitioner modules.
- ITIL®V3 candidates who have attained the ITIL® Expert Certificate.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL®V4 Foundation certificate which can be accepted to replace the ITIL®V3 Foundation Certificate, plus 15 credits from the Intermediate/ Practitioner modules.
The course includes a formal examination which takes the form of a closed book, multiple choice examination.
ITIL® V4 Foundation
- The key concepts of service management.
- Service offering, service provision, service consumption and service relationship management.
- How the ITIL guiding principles can help an organisation adopt and adapt at Service Management.
- The four dimensions of Service Management.
- The purpose and components of the ITIL service value system.
- The activities of the service value chain and how they interconnect.
ITIL® V4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support.
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver and support services.
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and Value streams.
- Know how to create, deliver and support services.
ITIL® V4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value
- Understand how customer journeys are designed.
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationships.
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings.
- Know how to onboard and offboard customers and users.
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption/provisioning).
- Know how to realise and validate service value.
ITIL® V4 Specialist: High Velocity IT
- Understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise including the demand it places on IT.
- Understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL 'Operating Module'.
- Understand the importance of the ITIL Guiding Principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT.
ITIL® V4 Strategist: Direct Plan and Improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context.
- Understand the role of GRC and how to integrate the principles and methods into the Service Value System.
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Organisational Change Management to directions, planning and improvements.
The ITIL® Courses are offered by ATO Somerset CC. ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.