- use our website;
- use our educational courses, testing and certification products, and consultancy services (together the "Services") that we provide;
- communicate with us.
2 – What data do we collect?
Skilltec Training collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Information on which of our courses you are attending, have attended, or have expressed an interest in attending.
- Information about your previous qualifications (Name of Qualification, Awarding Body, Date achieved, Grade) where it is necessary to confirm you meet the entry requirements of a course / qualification with Skilltec Training.
- Information you provide about your medical conditions or learning difficulties which have the potential to affect your training, or that we need to know about in the event of an emergency.
- Information you provide when completing our feedback forms (your comments and opinions on the training and your satisfaction with the training).
- Information you provide on our web chat service or by completing a website enquiry form.
Some of the personal information that you provide may include sensitive personal information, such as health-related information to ensure that we can provide the necessary duty of care. Health information may also be required to process reasonable adjustments within examinations.
3 – How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Skilltec Training with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online, access, or place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily communicate with us via our website chat function, our forms, via email, in-person or over the phone.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Third party sources (such as your employer or other third party if they enrol you on a course or create an account on your behalf),
- Agencies, but only where we believe that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
We collect only the minimum amount of information required from these third parties to enable us to provide information regarding our services, process a requested service or process any application you send to us.
In general, we will use any of the information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect such information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
If you do not want us to use your data for any marketing purposes, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us.
Consent can be varied by emailing your preferences to email@example.com.
4 - How do we use your data?
Skilltec Training collects your data so that we can:
- provide you with information or Services you request from us;
- provide information on products and Services which we feel may be of interest to you, in accordance with your communications and consent preferences;
- meet our contractual commitments to you;
- act on your behalf where third party involvement is available and appropriate – for example through a third party specialist training provider or certification/awarding body;
- comply with the applicable legislation surrounding COVID-19 test and trace or other crisis management schemes;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Websites/Services; and;
- as necessary to prevent or detect crime.
Any information you submit through our Website or when placing an order will be held in the strictest confidence. We use the information you provide to us for the purposes of providing the goods or services you have requested and for advertising, marketing and public relations. We hold information only for as long as necessary for those purposes. When we have no ongoing legitimate business or statutory need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it.
5 - With whom do we share your personal information?
We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes. We will only provide access to personal information about you to partners who we consider need such access to carry out our contractual or legal obligations to you including:
- third party service providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of Services), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice;
- your employer, where they have instructed us or funded the goods or services provided to you. This may include progression, assessment, attainment or exam results as well as other personal data as and when required;
- with exam certification bodies where reasonable adjustments are required on health grounds;
- a third party where they have funded the services that we deliver to you or your organisation;
- any product evaluation or feedback comments you provide may be shared with the purchasing organisation or course vendor;
- NHS or other authorised government agencies in connection with COVID-19 containment measures or other crisis management scenarios;
- government agencies, where required by the scheme or education path you elect to follow;
- partners with whom we work to provide Services (such as course vendors, examination bodies, customer suppliers and trainers);
- any third party in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sales of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (and may not be able to inform you so as not to compromise any investigation or other proceedings), or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and to
- any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
6 - How do we store your data?
Skilltec Training is committed to storing your data safely. We have taken appropriate steps to ensure the security of personal information whether it is stored in computer systems paper files or other storage media. Our computer database(s) are protected by certified firewalls to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing. We use the latest technology with full backups. All outgoing and incoming email is scanned for viruses.
We will delete or anonymise your data when either;
- we have no ongoing legitimate business or statutory need to process your personal information, or;
- after 5 years, whichever occurs sooner.
7 - Marketing
Skilltec Training would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out later.
You have the right at any time to stop Skilltec Training from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferences.
8 - What are your data protection rights?
Skilltec Training would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Skilltec Training for copies or your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Skilltec Training correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete any information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Skilltec Training erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Skilltec Training restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Skilltec Training’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Skilltec Training transfer the data we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make such a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our email: email@example.com; call us on 01752 227 330 or write to us at ‘Data Protection Officer, Skilltec Training, 58 New George Street, City Centre, Plymouth, PL1 1RR.’
9 - cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in, and
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device and IP address. We do not share this data with third-parties for advertising purposes and you should not be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from a browser. However, in a few cases our website features may not function as a result.
10 - Privacy Policies of other websites
12 – How to contact us
13 – How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel Skilltec Training has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s office:
Phone: 0303 123 113