Part of the Leadership Development series
Most things in the business world are open to a degree of negotiation, but how do you make an impact and influence the result? This one-day workshop will take you through the skills and characteristics that contribute to making an impact and influencing outcomes.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to develop their ethical persuasion and influencing skills in a business environment and aims to enhance performance in the workplace by building self-confidence and developing the appropriate skills and techniques.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Be able to define the meaning of influence.
- Be able to identify the behaviours of effective influencers.
- Establish why some people are easier to influence than others.
- Ability to recognise the different sources of power.
- Be able to define the relationship between power and influence.
- Be able to recognise the different strategies for influencing.
- Ability to select the appropriate strategies for key contacts in the workplace.
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course.
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- What is effective communication and the barriers
- What makes an effective and ineffective communicator?
- People who are, and are not, easy to influence
- Influential and non-influential behaviours
- Three key behaviours that will help you influence
- The definitions of power and influencing
- Sources of power
- Using power in influencing
- Influencing strategies
- Manipulation and defensiveness
- Behavioural styles – making your case
- Completion of a personal action plan