Part of the Leadership Development series
This comprehensive one-day Recruitment & Selection workshop covers practical interviewing skills and candidate screening methodology in order to develop the skills and confidence to effectively interview new team members, produce accurate assessments as well as understanding the whole selection process.
This course is appropriate for anyone who has responsibility for recruiting staff or anyone who is likely to move into this role in the future.
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- Describe your role in the recruitment process.
- Describe some of the legal requirements affecting the selection process.
- Prepare systematically for an interview.
- Conduct a structured interview using effective questioning techniques.
- Write interview notes, reflecting the evidence you have gathered.
You will get the most out of this course if you currently have responsibility for recruiting staff or are moving into this role in the near future.
- What is the purpose of the recruitment and selection process?
- How you can 'get it wrong'
- The implications of 'getting it wrong'
- Skills of an effective interviewer
- The job and person specifications
- The job advert
- Preparing for the interview
- Conducting the interview
- Behavioural questions
- Interviewing Skills:
- Questioning and listening
- Rapport building